The Florida ACME proudly recognizes our military members and veterans with $1,000 scholarship opportunities in four different categories annually.
Applicants must meet one of the three criteria: reside in Florida; be permanently stationed in Florida as part of either the active duty, guard and reserve component; or enrolled at a Florida institution of higher learning during the application period of the award year (December 1 through March 15).
- Active duty, guard, or reserve service member of the U. S. Armed Forces
- Spouse of any active duty, guard, or reserve service member of the U. S. Armed Forces
- Veteran with an honorable discharge (must provide documentation)
- Wounded veteran who is enrolled in the Wounded Warrior Program (WWP), or registered as WWP alumni (proof of enrollment or alumni status for verification); reside in the state of Florida and be currently degree-seeking and actively enrolled with an institution of higher learning (i.e., community college, college or university)
The application packet will consist of:
- a letter describing the applicant’s current educational goals;
- the completed Florida ACME Education Scholarship Application Form, with accompanying appropriate verifications; and
- evidence of current degree-seeking status with an academic institution of higher learning (i.e., community college, college, or university), this evidence being:
- letter of acceptance to the institution/program and/or
- proof of recent class enrollment(s) within last 12 calendar months
Applicants can only submit for one scholarship category.
All completed application packets must be e-mailed by March 15, 2017 to:
Robert Stewart, Chairman, Scholarship Committee
email@example.com - Subject Line: 2017 FL-ACME Scholarship Selection
OR postmarked by March 10, 2017, and sent via US Postal Service to:
2017 FL-ACME Scholarship Selection
Florida Advisory Council on Military Education (FL-ACME)
P. O. Box 3456
Riverview, FL 33568-3456